Finding the right candidate to fill an open position can be challenging. Naturally, you want to source the highest-quality talent. The problem is the best agricultural candidates are likely already taken. There is the common misconception that pursuing these employees is off-limits. However, seeking out passive candidates is often your best hiring strategy. This is your guide to finding qualified passive candidates to fill your open agricultural positions.
What is a Passive Candidate?
A passive candidate is one who is currently employed and not actively seeking a new career opportunity. The benefits of pursuing passive candidates are that they:
- Probably are not entertaining any other job offers.
- Are top-notch talent
Implement a Referral Program
Establish a referral program that rewards employees for referring qualified connections. Each of your employees has their own professional network and connections. Also, passive candidates are much more likely to entertain an opportunity presented by someone they know.
Take Advantage of Multiple Social Media Platforms
Social media is a powerful asset in the hiring process. The following social media platforms are great recruiting tools.
- Facebook – Join agricultural groups and pages. Also, use the advanced search, and take advantage of the direct message feature to contact potential candidates.
- Twitter – Use hashtags, keywords, and follow agricultural professionals’ pages. This will help you find the type of employees you are looking for.
- Instagram – Create a catchy and engaging profile that demonstrates your company culture. Consequently, you will attract a following of passive candidates.
- LinkedIn – Popular as a professional platform, LinkedIn is a great place to connect with other agricultural companies and professionals.
Leverage Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) technology can crawl the internet and analyze various information, including social media profiles, online resumes, directories, etc. This impressive technology predicts passive agricultural candidates who may be the most willing to take a new position.
Search Job Boards
While it is true that typically only active candidates use job boards, they can still be useful for finding passive candidates. Job seekers post resumes when searching for a new job. However, even after the candidate has found a job, the resume often remains active. This is a great way to find passive candidates with the qualifications you are looking for.
Go to as many industry functions as you can. This will build your network and put you in touch with qualified passive candidates. If there aren’t any networking opportunities close by, your company can even host its own event.
Partner with the Premier Agricultural Staffing Agency
Not sure where to find the best candidates? Leave that to Morris Bixby, the agricultural hiring experts! Specialties include agriculture, turf, ornamental, and even pest control. Whether you are looking to fill an executive or professional position, we’ve got you covered. Our specialists will take the time to learn your personnel needs and will use our extensive database to find the perfect agricultural candidate. Contact us today to get started!