Leveraging social media for recruitment is one of the most common talent acquisition strategies. Because most candidates use social media for their job search, these platforms serve as effective hiring tools.
Companies also use social media for employer branding. This strategy helps companies share their employee value proposition to optimize their recruitment efforts.
Additionally, organizations leverage social media to showcase their culture and reach passive candidates. This tactic saves money on advertising, sources targeted candidates, and secures follower referrals. The result is focused, effective hiring decisions.
Implement these tips and best practices to leverage social media for recruitment.
Select the Appropriate Social Media Platforms
Understand how each social media channel works and who the primary audience is. These factors impact which platforms you should use for recruitment.
For instance, most recruiters use LinkedIn for recruiting. However, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok also can be beneficial for recruitment.
Maintain Your Social Media Profiles
Keep your social media profiles current:
- Ensure your profiles represent your company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Include images, videos, stories, and testimonials that show why your employees enjoy working for your company.
- Show what a day at the office looks like to help candidates visualize themselves working there.
- Target your communication and messaging to candidates.
- Include hashtags such as #hiring or #jobopening with your job postings.
Use Paid Ads
Feature your job postings in paid ads on social media:
- Paid ads on social media tend to cost less than other types of paid advertising.
- You can target candidates based on job titles, locations, interests, and other criteria.
- Begin with a small budget.
- Experiment with A/B testing for captions and images.
- Track your results.
- Adjust your campaigns accordingly.
Encourage Employee Brand Ambassadors
Ask your employees to share your job postings with their networks. Candidates are more likely to apply if they are referred than if they are not. As a result, employee referrals are effective recruitment methods.
Engaging employee brand ambassadors increases your reach. Your ability to connect with a wider audience helps more candidates discover opportunities they otherwise might know about. Having more candidates view your job postings increases your talent pool and recruitment options.
Are You Looking for Help with Recruitment?
Work with Morris Bixby Group for assistance with your agricultural recruitment process. Find out more today.